Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Things are looking up
I am finally back at the hotel....from 0445 to 2130 I was at the hospital (there was a break in there for dinner...). Storm looked like he got hit by a freight train for most of the afternoon. He was in a lot of pain and still very drugged. After I returned from dinner I saw a huge improvement. He has managed to joke a bit and even smiles. It is really quite painful to see Storm in that much discomfort. I never got anymore information about the surgery, although I did finally meet the doctor on evening rounds. His (Storm's) medical staff has been attentive and competent, so that is all I can really ask for. Kevin did not get to his room upstairs until 1715 (his surg started at 0830): but when he got there he looked awesome! (In pain as well, but still awesome!) His bloodshot sclara were already white and he was putting out 2 liters of urine an hour! That is the best news ever. What is really telling is that Kevin had just been to dialysis the night before and he should have been "clean". Dialysis is only 15% of a normal, healthy kidney function, so Storm's kidney got in there and started cleaning house! Vera and I tucked in the guys for the night and headed back to the hotel...no staying over night in shared rooms. It has been an amazing experience to see Kevin so happy and on the road to health, Storm will catch up fast and all of this will be a great memory. I just want to say that I am in awe of what Storm put himself through today for the benefit of another, he is an incredible man and I am blessed to call him mine. Good night Stormin', I love you with all that I am...sweet dreams Babe. -KMC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment