Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nick's First Race!!!







Hello everyone, we are just checking in as the count down to the kidney donation continues. Today there was a Fun Run Jamboree for the kids and Nick wanted to enter so off we went. He ran 1.1K (thats about .7 miles for you non-metric types) in the kindergarten and 1st grader group of about 75 kids. He finished 4th! He was thrilled and told me ' Dad it was uphill almost the whole way'. Its fun to watch them grow up and become so much more capable. In fact the other day KM saw that the mtns had disappeared behind the clouds and she said 'hey kids look, the mountains disappeared.' Nick replied with an exasperated 'Mom we're Alaskans we know that mountains don't disappear'. Yes, they keep us laughing all the time, at least when we aren't beating our heads against the wall and screaming at them.

Its strange I feel like our lives are so full and busy, yet when I sit down to write about it I have nothing to say, at least nothing that I think anyone will want to read. So I'll keep it short. Its a typical AK fall. Lots of rain, gorgeous colors from all the leaves so the whole valley is yellow with some oranges and light red up high. Its cooling off quickly highs are around 50-55F and there is snow on all the mtn tops around our house. We still have lots of sunlight, almost 11 hrs and 50 minutes today. But winter is coming and I can't wait, I even bought some new ski boots yesterday!! Tomorrow we are going to a ski swap to outfit the kids and my neighbor is already tying to set up snowmobile (in AK they call them snowmachines, I always thought that a snowmachine was something that made snow, but what do I know) trips with me.
I hope that all is well in your world and we'll 'blog' again soon. I promise we will have much more timely updates during and after the surgery. Take Care, Storm

No comments: