Friday, September 14, 2007

Just getting started

Hello! I thought I would try and set up a "blog" and get up to speed with the tech generation. Man I am getting old; I thought I was still hip!! My main intent is to have a place for everyone to find out how things are going once Storm and I get to LA for his kidney donation. I have no idea if I will have access to computers, but most of the big hospitals do provide that now for families, so I bet our chances are good.

It is late, I have just returned from my second day of work; evening shift on the psych ward! Yesterday I drew a picture and today I played a game....they actually PAY me REAL money for this! Anyhoo, my point is that I will try and insert a picture just to see if I can....then I am going to bed. Tomorrow is a trip with Alex's preschool to the U-Pick-It farm and another evening at work for me. Maybe I can make a clay ashtray...

OK, I apparently cannot get a picture to work at this time. Who knows if it is me or the "system"....more later.

Love, Kerry

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Man - your blog is great, I typed out this great comment and then had to establish an account. So here I am again. Good job on the blog - and it is a super idea. Sounds like you are staying super busy and that nursing on the psych ward is a lot different than the ER!! Thanks for finding another way for us all to feel closer. xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great. Shan showed me how to do this and it is a great idea. I have heard about blogging but I have never done it before. This is kinda cool.

This definitely will be a great idea in October. I'm sure either Kevin or Jim--or both will have their laptops with them so just use theirs.

Give everyone hugs and kisses from Grammy.

Anonymous said...

OK this is cool! Yes we will have a laptop and of course you are welcome to use it. I can even bring a spare laptop from the office :)

So how does one go from no technology to a blog??? Very cool idea. Looking forward to seeing you guys in October...wish it were different circumstances but I guess we can't completely control what life throws at us. I can't say THANK YOU enough...not even sure where to start.

Love you guys and we will see you soon.

Kevin and Vera

Tim&Lara said...

Cool idea! Personally I think this foray into technology is just one more step fulfilling the NFO-envy that Storm always had. First, he gives up the controls for flipping switches and reading checklists & now computer stuff. What will the world come to next?

Take care & we all are hoping all goes well with the upcoming "parts swap." Back to "southern chaos" for now...