Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Iditarod 2009!!!
















I am so excited for Lance Mackey!! Three in a row! :):):) We have a ball watching the start of the race and someday soon, I am going to be in Nome for that finish! I watched it live today on the t.v., did you guys catch it? Whattaya mean it wasn't being shown on your t.v.? The nerve! Anyhoo, here is just a minute sampling of the festivites. Picture #1 is our three time champ Lance Mackey!! We have had the plesure of meeting this guy twice and he is nothing short of darling; so down to earth and welcoming. He makes you feel like his best friend, very humble and uneffected, just adore him! Photo #2, Jeff King...was a big threat to Mackey last year, but not so much this year, he is still out on the trail. Photo #3, Martin Buser...never have seen this guy without a smile! He LOVES what he does and is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. Photo #4, My pal Jamie! She and her husband Steve have been our hosts up on Long Lake for the last three years. We enjoy the Iditarod with the comforts of their beautiful cabin and her huge pot of Wood Stove Chili...YUM!!! Photo #5,...I can't get my helmet off without scraping up my eyes with velcro...so I take it off only when completely necessary! :) Come up and join us some time, Storm's mom Pat did and she had a BALL! There are more photos I want to share, but I just spent an hour on the phone recruiting another FedEx pilot to AK! :) I should go do my homework...much love to you all, KM

1 comment:

Libby said...

Thought about you all this morning when I heard that Lance had a three-peat! Awesome! Glad to hear all is well in the Great White North! We miss y'all!