






Hello friends and family. It appears that time got away from us (again) and we haven't posted in forever. Sorry. First the weather turned brutally cold for almost 2 weeks, and while we still skied and did some stuff it was way too cold to take off your gloves to operate a camera. Then it got ridiculously warm for 10 days, we're talking like 45+ and melted literally all of our snow, total bummer. It makes me almost want to cry, it even rained for 2 and a half days!! Anyhow, life goes on. The kids are loving school, swimming and skiing and the multitude of other activities they are involved in. Their favorite pastimes seem to be destroying the house and attempting to construct a legitimate sentence that also contains a normally 'outlawed' potty word. Of course as soon as one of them manages to pull this off the other two instantly mimic it, thus giving them all the sick satisfaction of 'legally' using a bad word. It would be absolutely hilarious if we weren't worried about actually raising them to be polite productive citizens. The pics are of the kids on ski team picture day. They had a friends and family race the other day and the kids did great. Max even skied so well that they are letting him officially participate in the races from now on.
Today we went to the Anchorage ice fishing jamboree. It's all set up for the kids and is a lot of fun. Normally we get completely skunked at these things. In fact Nick even commented on the way there that 'fish don't really like us do they Dad?" Not today my friend!! We had a fish on about every 45 seconds! And I had to make the kids stop at one point so that I could give my wet, exposed hands a chance to warm up since all I was doing was baiting hooks and removing fish. They caught about 15 fish total, 3 of which we kept since they were hooked badly. Max was dragging them out as fast as I could put bait on his hook. Then towards the end they said the next person to catch a fish wins a fishing pole.....Alex won the pole! It was a lot of fun. Of course I'm thinking that fishing doesn't really get any better than this and I told the kids as much. Their reply was that the best part of the day was when the 'old guys' at the playground let them use the metal detectors to find 'buried treasure'. I'm thinking what a great fishing experience and they're thinking that the 'Prospectors Club' and finding dimes in the snow was the best thing ever. Sometimes I wonder about these kids...who's raising them anyhow?! So the picture was of Max with his first fish, after that I didn't have time to get the camera out.
Kerry and I also escaped the other night with our neighbors and went to dinner and the Symphony (is that even spelled correctly?). It was a great time. Fun to dress up and go out with no KIDS! Doesn't KM look awesome?! The next day we were supposed to go skiing, but since it was raining.... we went the other direction to Hatcher Pass. We went snowshoeing and had a blast digging a big tunnel fort under the snow. The snow was so deep that the dogs could barely get through it and we had to put them back in the car. Of course the kids were just winging around everywhere on top of the snow in their little snowshoes. It was pretty cool. The pics are from inside the fort and one looking back towards the entrance.
So everything here is going fine...just trying to live up to the title of our blog site! I threw in a few sunset pics, and no they weren't taken at noon, it was at least 1530! Talk to you all again soon. Storm
No comments:
Post a Comment