Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Backcountry!

















Hello blog viewers. I got out yesterday and we went backcountry skiing in Turnagain Pass. Backcountry simply means that we went skiing in the mtns not at a resort, of course that means you get to hike up as well. Anyhow, it was a beautiful day and the avalanche danger was really low so we were able to ski some really fun lines. We skied 2 runs for a total of about 4000 ft of vertical. Man do your legs burn after one of those. I was so cramped up after my second run that I couldn't even stand up for a few minutes. We took some quick video and while its not great it should give you an idea of what it was like. Unfortunately the camera really doesn't show how steep things are, especially when you are filming up the hill, so you'll just have to take our word for it. I'm in the yellow jacket. The snow was great, not super deep but soft and fun. I hope the videos come out. The pictures just show some of our tracks and the great view from the top. You can even see the car and highway about 2900 ft below us in one photo. Take care, Storm






No comments: