Sunday, February 3, 2013

Back to the blog

Whew!  It just took me 40 minutes to figure out my password and login so I could post again.  I guess its been awhile.  We've been using Facebook for some photos and stories, but frankly its gotten a little out of control and can be accessed by too many people, plus the privacy settings seem to change almost monthly.  So its back to the blog for us.  This will allow us to put up more photos without looking like we're bragging to the world, instead just keeping our family and close friends up to date.  The theory being that if you are interested enough to actually come to our blog then you must want to see endless pics and videos of our lives.   So here we go.

Winter for us means ski race season, and it is in full swing right now.  We've raced the last three weekends despite having one of the worst snow years on record.  The kids are doing great, several years of practice seem to have paid off and all of a sudden they are flying down the mountain.    I've got a short video of Nick in his last race, I promise there will be much better photo and video coverage at the next few events.  And yes my video skills suck.  I always forget to look through the camera and just start watching the kids while yelling encouragement and advice...which makes for spotty video at best.  So for starters I'll put up a short ski video and and a quick snowmobiling video for practice.  More to follow.  We'll see how long my 'renewed' commitment to blogging goes.  Enjoy.



Ok, that took an hour and a half to sort out links and passwords and multiple google accounts etc...  Now I finally have this page linked up to my youtube account so we have some videos.  Good golly that was painful!!!


1 comment:

KM said...

Wow....that snowmachining video made me breathless!!! Absolutely riviting!!!