Saturday, January 9, 2010

Skiing

Hello Everyone. We had a beautiful day up here today and fortunately for us it was a Saturday ski day! In fact it was family fun race day. So I tried out the helmet cam and got some pretty decent footage of the boys. Lessons learned today are to film in really good light, turn up the microphone so it records our voices better, and to keep the boys pretty close to me as the camera is only good close up. But even with all those learning points we still got some good stuff. We also hit the Alaska Aces hockey game the other night. We gave Max the camera and he got a pretty decent picture of KM and me. All is well here, we're having a low snow winter so far (at least by Alaska standards) and its starting to get on everyone's nerves. Hopefully we'll get some more snow soon, in the meantime I guess we'll make the best of what we've got. So on that note I went backcountry skiing the other day. The hike up almost killed me...to many sweets over the Holidays I suppose! But the skiing was worth it. I took the picture from the top in pretty poor light (dusk and heavy overcast) but you can see the road and trees about 2300' below us. It wasn't an 'epic pow day' but it was worth the hike up. Until next time, take care and be safe. Storm

Well it turns out that its easier to upload the videos to youtube and then provide the link rather than trying to load the video here. Let me know if there are any problems with the links, or the video. Thanks, Storm


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUPF82jTzvA

2 comments:

Linda H. said...

Hi, guys! Linda H. here! OMG - you have a HELMET CAM? Seriously, don't let that experiment turn into "Jacka-- , the Alaska Version"! I could just die at how adorable the unidentifiable son in the video looked. Congrats on the medals, boys - that's awesome! What a fun family event! So great to see you all over the holidays - don't be a stranger. Thanks for letting me peek!- Linda

STORMKM said...

LOL, "Jacka--, the Alaska Version"!!! That is our life in just a few short years!! :) In fact, the very first time I EVER saw or even heard about that show was in the hospital the night after Nick was born...I was holding my brand-new son and thinking, "this is all so wrong!" :)