Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Skiing!




Well they have now opened all the ski areas so we are off and running for another winter season. This year Nick and Alex are members of a local ski team that meets every Saturday. We'll keep you updated on their progress. Max will get to participate as well, but only when KM or I are there to help him get on the chairlift. His little legs just aren't long enough yet! I posted a picture and short video of the kids skiing at a place called Hillberg which is located on Elmendorf AF base. The video quality sucks, but sometimes you go with what you have. I'll try to do better in the future. The video is Nick, then Alex and Max all trying to go off a 'jump'. They don't actually get airborne but they do go pretty fast. We skied on Sunday 30 Nov for about 5 hours. It was a blast. A few frustrating runs at first for the kids as they adjusted to longer skis and got their balance back, but after that no problems. It should be a fun year.


I've also been doing some backcountry skiing, although its been a less than optimal start to the year. On our second day out I ended up riding an avalanche about 100yds down the hill. That was a bit scary to say the least. Of course I didn't have my camera that day...stupid. But we all emerged unscathed and a lot smarter. The early season snow has been unreal this year, in the past week the Alyeska ski area has received over 10 feet of snow!! Could be an epic year! We'll keep you posted. Storm

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! The kids are doing great. Reminds me of Blizzard
Love ya
Donna

Anonymous said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous.....


Dave and Elise