Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Denali pics












Here are some more pics from our day in Denali National Park. Obviously there were some caribou antlers to play with, man those things are heavy!! You would have some pretty impressive neck muscles if you walked around with those on your head every day! Yes Max is saluting in almost all of his photos, I don't know where he learned it, but he sure thinks that its hilarious. We drove all the way to the end of the road which is mile 92. We took a picture at mile 89 because I was too lazy to do it at mile 92. At the very end of the road there is an airstrip and there was a helo parked there. They were out surveying the glaciers and they stopped for fuel on their way home. They let the kids sit in the helo and then we got to watch it take off, the kids loved it. The picture of the lake is Wonder Lake at mile 85 of the road, Denali was unfortunately covered by clouds by this time or it would have made an impressive photo. And there is also a photo of Alex and Max getting their Junior Ranger awards. After they watched Nick do it, they decided that it was pretty cool so they finished their books too (with a little help from Mom!). They were very proud when they got their badges. Well I could tell lots of Denali stories but I need to get this done so bye bye. Storm

1 comment:

Libby said...

Awesome pics! I am always so jealous of your "adventures". What an experience for all of you! Looks like a beautiful part of the world!