




Hello Folks, yes I realize that one post a month doesn't really cut it. I'll try to do better. Hopefully our Alaskan summer will cooperate. So far this year the summer weather has been absent, we've had endless overcast days with temperatures well below average. In addition the Salmon return to the rivers this year has been absolutely abismal, so between the 2 there are a lot of unhappy Alaskans running around right now.
So far this summer we've put a large deck on the front of the house and had Kevin, Cara and Kyle come visit us. Beyond that we haven't had any exciting adventures. We've spent lots of time at the baseball and soccer fields with sometime at swimming lessons as well. So all that combined with a miserable work schedule for me in June hasn't left a great deal of exciting photo opportunities. With any luck the next 2 months will be better. We have some local trips planned, plus a family foray to Branson MO at the end of July.
In the meantime here are a few pics of summer so far. The biggest halibut in the fish pictures was about 70 lbs for anyone wondering, it was caught by Kerry's brother Kevin and wow does it taste good!! Hopefully we'll be adding lots of Red and Silver (Sockeye and Coho) Salmon to our freezer here soon. Take care and thanks for looking. Storm
1 comment:
That is so cool! I love halibut! I remember the time dad and I went slamon fishing up there and you look like you were just as cold, but without the rain! Can't wait to see you all in a month!
Love,
Kim and family
Post a Comment