
Hello Again, well here are some pics as promised. Yesterday I flew home from Chicago and landed in Anchorage around 0845 and then went straight to the Pinewood Derby races for Nick's CubScout Pack. Fortunately I was able to get there in time to see all the races. Nick competed against 20 other cubs and came in third place! Then Alex and Max were able to compete in the 'open' division for non-cubscouts, and Max got 1st place and Alex came in 2nd. So lots of trophies and smiles for the Carl boys. My biggest worry is that now I have a big task for next year to try and repeat the results!! The boys all picked their own car designs and 'helped' as much as they could. They were very excited, although they were more excited to have the races over so that they could play with the cars, 2 of which they promptly destroyed shortly after the race. Oh well, at least the trophies survived the day.
Things here are going well, although everytime I post something on the blog all of our snow melts! Right now it is about 40 outside, hopefully it will only last for a day or two and not wreck all of our snow!! It was just getting really nice out there. More soon, Storm
No comments:
Post a Comment